The following information outlines the Media / Press credential usage and issuing procedures for W.E.ROCK. If you have any questions about covering any W.E.ROCK events, please contact W.E.ROCK (530) 417-5333.
MEDIA / PRESS CREDENTIALS: (Download this form as a PDF)
Press passes are issued to accredited members of the media only. (e.g. newspapers, magazines etc.) Requests should be made at least 48 hours in advance of each event. Fax letterhead request and tear sheets for verification!
Season passes will be provided prior to the season for all those who plan to cover W.E.ROCK through out the entire season. Other credentials will be issued on an event-by-event basis. These credentials will be left at the entrance to the event.
PARKING: Press parking is limited at some of the events. Those members of the media who are regularly assigned to cover W.E.ROCK events will be issued Press parking passes if available. All other members must make their requests known when acquiring media credentials. We will help you with this request on a space available basis!
W.E.ROCK will issue credentials for online media services based on the following criteria:
1) The online service is the official web site for W.E.ROCK!
2) The online service is affiliated with national or regional news gathering organizations (E.g. USA Today, ESPN, CNN, 4x4wire etc.). Credential requests from Internet sites will be considered only for those web sites that are the official on-line service of established national or regional media organizations.
W.E.ROCK reserves the right to deny media credentials to any individual(s) who’s web site does not meet one of the above criteria.
W.E.ROCK will issue credentials for Video coverage based on the following criteria:
1) The video service is the official video service for W.E.ROCK
2) The video service is affiliated with national or regional news gathering organizations (E.g. USA Today, ESPN, CNN, 4x4wire etc.). Credential requests from video crews will be considered only for those groups that are the official video crew of established national Or regional media organizations.
3) Video coverage for commercial sale or reproduction is not allowed without specific approval / licensing by W.E.ROCK.
Media credentialed photographers and Video crews may shoot from both inside and outside the course boundary.
Due to the nature of these events please adhere to these simple safety practices:
1) Make sure of your placement and the placement of photographers around you. Always leave yourself an escape route, in case of rollovers.
2) Make sure you are not blocking a fellow photographers escape route, because of your position.
3) Make sure you are using the longest focal length lens possible for your coverage. This will prevent other photographers from taking pictures of the back of your head all day. It will also allow you the added safety of more distance from a rolling vehicle.
4) Remember you are not the only one at the event, working, trying to get the perfect photography or video image!
5) No commercial photography or Video is allowed at any event, without prior approval of W.E.ROCK!
6) All media / Press credential attendees will make available their event coverage, as possible, to W.E.ROCK for promotional use, W.E.ROCK reserves the right to deny access to any media outlet based on a space available basis or not observing basic safety polices!
By your signature on this and the release form, at the event, you agree to abide by these policies, accepting your own liability, at these events!
All commercial type work requires special approval, prior to the event!
If you are retailing the products from these events, we need to approve it! Saving us both legal fees in the future!
X____________________________ Media Outlet ___________________________ Phone # __________________
Don’t forget to sign the event release! Along with returning your Media / Press ID when you are done covering the event!
Download the above form as a PDF.